Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Let the sporadic summer posting begin!

In high school and well into college whenever life would get rough and confusing, I would go sit on the front steps on the porch and talk to god and the stars and the clouds and the moon. Sometimes I'd talk for hours, others only a few minutes. Sometimes I'd bring a beverage or a book (if I knew I'd be in the conversation with oblivion for a while). In the cold, I'd wrap up in a blanket, trying to cover my bare, freezing toes. And in the summer I'd battle the mosquitos for my quality-night-time-in-depth-reflection.

I have a date with my porch tonight, and even though I can't actually sit on my steps due to an alarming roach-and-slug convention occuring nightly I'll see if anything will resolve itself.

Heather at 10:25 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 8:08 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought you of the other day when i stepped on a slug.

 

Post a Comment