Monday, April 19, 2004

Boring as black coffee

Every once in a while this sadness creeps over me, and everything feels really lonely, and I'm distant (especially from the people that I love/adore/talk to on a daily basis). It dawned on me last night that it wasn't PMS or garden variety single girl loneliness, but genuine summer-camp-esque homesickness. (except for the fact that I was never actually homesick when I was at camp)

So, in short, I'm sad, and to date I've only found one person that can lessen the tension of the screws that are simultaneously holding me together and making me crazy-sad with missing my family. Thanks Ashley for answering your phone.

A short list of things that have made me want to cry and/or hit something tonight:
1. Idiot shallow boys
2. Nonidiot, nonshallow boys that call and then make me sad
3. The fact that I need new tennis shoes
4. The cereal being a little stale
5. My phone not being charged
6. Mosquitos
7. Frizzy hair
8. Not being carefree enough to go for a drive and listen to the new Ani cd I burned
9. My inability to take a full breath/ keep my eyes from watering
10. Not being tan


p.s. For everyone that has been following the budget cuts in Mississippi, as far as I know I still have a job. Pink slips were handed out on Friday and addressed in meetings today. I had neither a slip nor a meeting. However, I'll only believe it when I have a new contract in my hand.

Heather at 7:19 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment