Monday, April 05, 2004

Bonfires, Daylight Savings, and Snot

Now that I have seven more hellish periods behind me, I have to admit the weekend is a bit of a blur. How I ended up being the perpetually sober one this weekend, I'll never know. Maybe it had something to do with my lazy day off on Friday. Maybe I was in mommy mode. Either way, I don't think I lived up to my party-girl-potential. Friday night was some sort of Spectators-One Block-babysitting-mess. Not enough beer, not enough drunk dialing, not enough people to fill my living room, much less a bar in Greenville. However, while the horrific frat house wrestling matches left two friends with seriously bodily injuries, all I have to show for it is an attempted purple mushroom tattoo. Don't ask.

Saturday, in reverse order, VH1 until 4 a.m. keeping J. awake, One Block emergency rescue team, bonfire without any boys and with one communal marshmallow roasting stick, nap in someone else's bed, basketball, pizza, realization of moderate sunburn, catfish festival complete with cute boys and me in a halter top.

And Sunday was Sunday. There was lots of driving and lots of asking "What time is it again?" And it's all a big blur, but even in its bluriness and time-wasting-ness, it was a hell of a lot better than today. Today where I feel fat and useless and tired with a capital "T." In spite of my unfailing adoration and enjoyment of the fact that the entire state of Mississippi has sprung into bloom, my allergies are coming back with a vengance. I can feel that slight sting in the back of my throat. I doubt I could pop my ears if I tried. And the sneezes are coming at such regular intervals that if they were contractions, I'd be on my way to the hospital right about now.

Heather at 7:54 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment