Thursday, March 04, 2004

Dear Sanity,

We seem to have become strangers to each other in the last 48 hours or so. My normal happy-go-lucky self seems to be on vacation two days prior to my actual vacation, leaving me in a state of hyper-animation. Everything around me seems to be moving too fast, but under a microscope it becomes abundantly clear that nothing is moving at all. (Good job with making the weather mimic this perfectly. It looks windy outside, birds taking swooping flights like they are getting sucked in one direction or another, when all the while the air is thick and sedentary.)

All of this is stemming from the following:
1) I finished a book last night with an ending so close to what is going on in my head right now that I have assumed the fiction as some sort of appendix to reality.
2) Being at school right now is harder than anything I've known in a while. The kids are having a hard time, the English 2 retest is tomorrow, and I feel entirely ineffective.
3) I made the mistake of saying that the only thing I really wanted in the world was to be in love. I said it out loud. Repeatedly. I forgot the line about being careful what you wish for.

So Sanity, or those who regularly contribute to my sanity, your attention is needed. The edge is approaching.

LaMagnolia

Heather at 9:51 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment