Wednesday, February 04, 2004

200 Word Wednesday (Bandwagon Alert! You will be expected to jump on.)

"I wish you were here right now," he says, leaning out the driver's side window, right hand draped across the steering wheel.

"But I am here, you drunk. I'm ten feet away from your car. You're too smashed to even know what's going on," she screams, adjusting her high, black PayLess heels, stumbling forward a little, then righting herself and flipping her short black hair.

“No. You aren’t getting it. I wish you were here right now,” he repeats, slurring slightly.

“I’m walking home. Go. Just go,” she says, reaching down again at the shoes, this time to yank them from her feet.

“But you don’t get it,” he says again, on a loop.

“I’m going. Look at me. Walking home,” she says in her high-pitched I’m-no-longer-interested voice, shoes drooping from her left hand, her middle finger and her now empty ring finger sunk sturdily into the empty heels.

“Where am I supposed to go?” he asks.

“Pawn shop might be a good idea. I doubt either of us will be needing that,” she says, pointing to her marquise-cut diamond solitaire, fit snugly onto his pinky, and with that, she walks home, but not after chunking half of ten bucks worth of stylish footwear through his back windshield.

Heather at 5:06 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment