Saturday, January 17, 2004

Saturday Morning Routine o' Bliss

My life makes me happy. Sometimes, really happy. Saturday morning always seems to be one of those times. The routine goes as follows:

1. Wake up sans alarm. Smile. Stretch. Realize is it quickly approaching 11. Enjoy.
2. Go downstairs, water for coffee, coffee for coffee, turn on pot.
3. Do dishes, clean countertops.
4. Check to see if coffee is ready. Sometimes I talk to it. "Coffee, are you ready? I love you coffee. Want to go outside with me?"
5. Pour coffee and copious amounts of cream into cute handmade coffee cup from over-priced pottery boutique.
6. Procure reading materials for porch. This morning featured both a pilfered-from-the-school-office copy of Teen People and the 2004 Prom Designs catalog.
7. Smoke, drink coffee, watch cars/homeless dog/random sketchy people on the street, read, smoke again, more coffee, more reading.
8. Go inside (as it is now officially eleven) and watch Trading Spaces.

As I've been known to say ad nauseum, it really is the simple things that make it all worthwhile.

Heather at 10:44 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment