Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Yeah, in case we've all forgotten, I'm an idiot.

Instead of "planning" during my "planning period," I was surfing the net like I always do, hunting down cute little shops that carry lovely hand-crafted things straight from nice urban areas where people walk down sidewalks and use public transportation and do all sorts of other fascinating things that are notably absent from my oh-so-green-acres existence.

And somehow, in the fury of point and click, I stumbled upon something that is sure to be my undoing. How this something had escaped my attention for so long is beyond me, unless of course the world was mounting a concious effort to keep it from me (which is entirely possible).

That something is nanowrimo. In short, you write a novel (of at least 50,000 words) between November 1st and November 30th. Yes, that's right, an entire novel in a month. Roughly 1700 words a day.

I've already signed up. I've already decided to give a month of my life to this. No more of this "I want to be a writer" bullshit and driveling. I'm gonna do it and you can't stop me. (insert cackle here)

Feel free to leave comments suggesting witty plot outlines, or even a freakin title. I'm sort of starting from zero here. All assistance will be appreciated and rewarded.

Heather at 7:53 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment