Wednesday, April 16, 2003

The good, the bad, and the ugly...
in no particular order

The Bad:
* Faculty meetings that stretch on for years in which the principal cannot give a straight answer to a single question.
Teacher: "So, do we have to give make up work to students who have been suspended?"
Principal: "You see, we can't punish a child twice; that wouldn't be fair."
Teacher: "Okay, I'll start giving make up work but that really doesn't make much sense."
Principal: "Well, technically, you don't have to since it should be an unexcused absence."
I'm thankful that I have any hair left on my head considering I spent two hours on the verge of ripping out every last one. Not that a bald teacher would have been noticed by a man who, on a typical day, overlooks fights, and can't even make the bells ring on time.

* The webpage for Dr. Cock is still on hold as I search for a reason to even do it at all. Oh yeah, I'll probably get a C or something ridiculous like that if I don't. Why don't I care?

The Ugly:
* The fact that I'm waiting for a reply to an email that I wrote to someone I barely know, knowing full well that said person is waiting for me to call while also knowing full well that I don't have the inner fortitude (read: balls) to do such a thing. If my cell phone hadn't died at approximately 3:52 after playing with it in the faculty meeting for more than an hour, I might have had the nerve to ring him on my way home from work. However, my cell phone was by far the most interesting thing going on in that meeting and I don't regret using it to occupy me. (well, maybe I regret it a little.)

* Uglier still is the fact that I really sincerely DO want to see him, even though at this point I can't remember what he looked like at all. When you have to end every descriptive term with "-ish", you know you're in trouble. For example, he has brownish hair and lightish eyes (maybe blue or green) and he wasn't all that tall, but he wasn't shortish either.

and at long last...
The Good:
* Tomorrow is Thursday, and we have Friday off. Thank you Jesus! (ha)

* A little bird called to tell me that Ashley has made her final college decision, so she will be joining us in the Delta (sort of) when the fall comes around. I couldn't think of a better pick-me-up in the middle of an all-together shitty week. In the course of five minutes I went from thinking that the most productive thing I've done all year was learn a lot of Golden Girls episodes to knowing that I'll have more than a reason to stay and continue living this crazy life I've created for myself. With Ashley so close by, all things will be possible.

Heather at 4:54 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment