Tuesday, February 25, 2003

The past twenty-four hours have been a roller coaster ride.

The Good: Lots of napping and Ricki Lake after a seemingly uneventful ice storm. Watching American Idol to add a sense of constancy to my quickly changing world. Eating cereal for dinner. The way the trees have looked all day with their slight sheen of ice. The sound the magnolia leaves make in the wind when each leaf is frosty, with it's own icicle/natural wind chime at the tip. Entirely rediscovering my wardrobe after Sunday's marathon-10-load-laundry-event.

The Bad: The stress of feeling like everything I know has changed in some way. Ample amounts of time at home alone to sit and think, with only my cigarettes and a book to distract me. Hearing my pain and fear in the voice of my 17 year old sister as she explained things to me more eloquently than I could have ever explained them to someone else.

There are phone calls to make tonight, and words to put down in ink instead of type on this ridiculous screen. The weekend is almost here, and after that Spring Break will be very much on the horizon. I was hoping for a time of rest and relaxation. So much for well thought out plans.

Heather at 7:56 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment