Thursday, January 30, 2003

Started my own "illuminated journal" tonight, despite the fact that most of my oil pastels had melted in my car. Heard Old 97's on Scrubs and Coldplay on ER. What is up with the musical tastes of NBC? There's something surreal charming and scary about hearing my favorite music on something so commercial, knowing that at that moment there was someone somewhere asking themselves "what am i listening to?" and "where can i get a copy?". Not that I have exclusive rights to who can like my music, but some things should still be sacred.

I've been charmingly hassled all night by someone inquiring about my top ten albums of all time. I haven't given much thought to the list so it will most certainly be thrown together, in no particular order, with some blatant omissions. But here it is, nonetheless:
1. The Strokes - Is This It
2. Joni Mitchell - Blue
3. Tori Amos - Boys for Pele
4. Ani Difranco - up up up up up up
5. The Beatles - Let It Be
6. Jennifer Daniels - Fists of Flood
7. John Mayer - Room for Squares
8. Cake - Motorcade of Generosity
9. Fiona Apple - Tidal
10. and I can't freakin think of a tenth one. I'll get back to you on this.

Nighty night world.

Heather at 8:47 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment