Tuesday, January 14, 2003

A long day. Wish I had the energy and stamina and will power for a real post (to appease the masses, or at least Amber), but alas, I don't. I probably shouldn't be posting at all because everything I'm going to write will be crap. Did I mention it was a good self esteem day as well??

First pre-birthday resolution: No more school related posts until after birthday. (except for tonight which is an exception only because of the awesome Act 1 Scene 1 happennings today in "Freshmen Meet Romeo and Juliet")

School Crap ---> 3rd period: Struggled through every line. Tybalt sounded like he had some sort of palsy. Romeo was without his trademark whiny passion. I wasn't on my game.
4th period: Miracles happen. They got it. The sex, the insults, the violence. They laughed. Really laughed. Big belly laughes that Shakespeare would have smiled at.
7th period: Lack of focus. Tardy children, arguments, general stress overload. But. We finished the scene. Benvolio was a girl that rarely speaks in class and she was wonderful. My "problem children" appreciated Shakespeare's low-brow humor. I left with a smile on my face.

Other happennings: I want to be reading right now but by the time I finish this I'll need to be sleeping. I've already overscheduled my weekend, and we have class next weekend, so the prospect of days and days stretching out in front of me with no true forseeable break makes me a bit nervous and scared and, most of all, tired. I'm biting my nails and playing with my hair and having all other less-than-lovely manifestations of my overall uneasiness. I'm sure I'll try to drink it out of my system this weekend, but we all know that probably won't help. Here's to holding out hope that it WILL help, and that I'll actually get some rest on Sunday and Monday.

Heather at 8:39 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment