Wednesday, January 29, 2003

In lieu of staff development we've been forced into our classrooms until four to complete sheet after sheet of curriculum allignment. I have made the official decision that short of a really expensive educational chiropractor, my curriculum is as alligned as it's going to be. If someone would like to take issue with this, they are more than welcome to attempt to challenge my flawless explanation of why I don't need to do anymore of this bullshit.

I managed to not post anything on my birthday. Whether that was by design or by accident is hard to say. Not that there was really anything of interest to post... (please, god in heaven, let me be saying something else when I get home from my weekend...). I'm sure that cars and little woodland creatures have had more exciting birthday celebrations than the one I had last night. Is it possible to be disinterested in one's own birthday festivities? It was like I was somewhere else, in a different body, with a different birthday. Nothing seemed important or real or fun. It was lame, a waste, a bore. (and at some point in my literary existence I'll realize that it's trite to say things in threes.)

The location for the true Heather's birthday celebration has officially been shifted to Memphis, under the astute guidance of Miss. Elizabeth Harper. Thanks again Lizzie for your kindness, sluttiness and wonderful friendship. It remains to be seen if there will be an immense MTC backlash now that the party has crossed state lines, but at this point I couldn't care less. It's my damn birthday and I'm going to damn have fun.

More later... As for now, I'll be sneaking out the back, avoiding the last fifteen minutes of fake staff development.

Heather at 1:45 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment