Thursday, January 09, 2003

A conversation that took place outside my door today. We shall call the participants "D," "A," and "Me":

D:"Ms. Johnston dresses like that because she doesn't have a boyfriend"
A:"Yeah, I agree."
D:"Not that there's anything wrong with the way she dresses"
A:"Yeah"
D:"It's just that she'd dress differently if she had a boyfriend."
A:"You're right"
D:(to me) "Ms. Johnston, you know you dress like that because you don't have a boyfriend, right?"
Me:"What?"
D:(repetion of above statement)
Me:"I have no idea what you're talking about."
D:(second repetition of above statement)
Me:"What's wrong with the way I dress?"
D:"Nothing"
Me:"Sure"
D:"Do you dress that way for Mr. Munz?"
Me:"Why would I dress any particular way for Mr. Munz?"
D:"Because you don't have a boyfriend"
Me:"The conversation is getting really confusing."
D:"I just think that you would dress differently if..."
Me:"Can't you find anything better to talk about?"
D:"Um..." (long pregnant pause)
Me:"Get in the classroom!"
D:"Ok"

God what a day.

Heather at 8:35 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment