Wednesday, January 29, 2003

And tonight we give thanks to the goddess of birthday cards.
(sister and best friend to the goddess of well-written letters, daughter of the goddess of correspondence)
The following is the contents of the birthday card I got in the mail today from anya. It means a lot to me and hopefully she won't mind me transcribing it here for you to read. Hope you enjoy:

Written in multi-colored sharpie on the inside of a card with two colorful, bathing-suit-clad 1920's bombshells on the front:
"I'm not exactly sure why this card was so insanely funny to me... something about you and me and toenail painting parties in South Carrick Hall maybe. Weren't those the simple days? No matter how long we go without seeing each other, it's always so easy to fall right back into step. Which is how you can always tell your best friends from everyone else. You have an inventory of "Remember Whens" that result in waterfalls of laughter or tears (or if it's really that funny, something else!). And it's really fantastic that we've got this nice informal way of keeping up with each other via Blogger. Now if only I could think ofa cool enough domain name where I could host everyone's stuff -- that would really be fabulous. On, and if you're wondering, I got these kick-ass Sharpie pens for Christmas, and I knew you'd appreciate them. I don't really have anything too exciting to relay -- but if I did, you could bet I'd call right away. So I suppose the most important thing is to wish you all sorts of happiness for your 23rd birthday and 24th year. Here goes:
1. Lots of sex
2. Cool Sharpie pens
3. a man to inspire good poetry (or bad, if it makes you happy)
4. time to see old friends who live too far away
5. good new music
6. alcohol-aided fun
7. good new books
Well, this stuff would make me happy anyway.
all my love,
anya"

Heather at 3:21 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment