Monday, December 16, 2002

When the world gives you a sucky blog, you make blogonade, right?

I've dealt with the fact that sometimes the most creative, perfectly worded entries are better left erased and forgotten. Nobody really cares all that much about what may or may not happenned this weekend. Those who matter have heard the story at least once (except maybe Carey), and poor John has heard it at least five times. Sometimes catharsis comes with losing things that you thought were important... like your mind.

Today was incredibly grueling and long. Teach, teach, teach, type, type, type. I find it hard to believe that I spent hours and hours writing something that will only be seen by a handful of ungreatful high school students. Exam time makes me almost as stressed as it makes them. But when you get a couple of glances during the day that remind you of why you are there, those glances that let you know that those kids enjoy seeing you smile, it's all worth it, even if I have bags under my eyes now that make me look like a sixty year old woman.

I'm beginning to think that teaching is some sort of drug. So many of those kids think that the universe is out to get them, and when you have those moments while they are looking at you and thinking that maybe you're actually there to help them do something, however small, it almost makes it worth it.

Low point of the day: Finding out that my classroom was broken into over the weekend, and realizing that my principal wasn't going to do a damn thing about it. He didn't even get the janitor to go knock the window back into it's frame. High point of the day: Finally figuring out why my printer at school misbehaves so frequently, and then fixing it. Apparently the roaches thought that the ink was food. They were living in my printer. They aren't anymore. I once had a similar experience with about a million ants and an Aim-a-flame on a camping trip. Four more days. I think I can make it.

Heather at 5:39 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment