Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Dear Lord it's been too long since I've written. I could make a million and one excuses, to include but not limited to:
1. The nastiest stomach virus in recent Heather memory.
2. General pre-Thanksgiving laziness.
3. unexplained server outages at school.
4. Limewire, which whispers in my ear and tells me downloading music is always more productive than journaling.
5. Did i mention that it's almost Thanksgiving?

So anyway, I'm taking the day off because of the aforementioned nasty stomach virus which was accompanied by much vomiting and other unpleasant gastrointestinal occurances, all of which are at least 18 hours in the past, but I was tired damnit. And I've got 7 sick days, so why not take one? Also, I've discovered that taking a sick day when you really aren't sick might be a bit unethical but it can also be extraordinarily productive. I've returned videos, made my copies for the rest of the week, eaten lunch, folded laundry, washed the car, and cleaned out the backseat and it isn't even one yet. Maybe I need to get "sick" more often. Better yet, I haven't gotten any calls to say that the school has collapsed in my absence, so maybe they really can survive without me. But if the school actually collapsed, their phones wouldn't work, so i guess they wouldn't be able to call...

And now, spending my afternoon online. i am again on Limewire, downloading songs for Zelda's maiden solo voyage back to Tennessee. Please please please, email me with some suggestions for songs that will remind me of home. I have a tiny *tiny* little list going, but it won't even get me to Greenwood. We're talking an 8+ hour drive here, so I need your help. Variety is king. Make me sing, dance, cry, laugh, doesn't really matter, just send me IDEAS! I can get almost anything off Limewire, just don't get too obscure on me. (My music people, I'm really expecting you to come through for me here.. you know who you are. And if I don't get suggestions from you, I'll start naming names in my next post.)

In other news, we have mice. Or at least lots of mice poop. And our friends aren't quite mean enough to go around our house planting mice poop. On the bright side, we haven't seen a roach in at least a week, and it isn't rat poop. I think a family of them lives in the chimney, which happens to come through the second floor essentially where the headboard of John's bed would be (if it had a headboard). He's all but convinced that they are going to do bad things to him in his sleep. No school news... I'm on cruise control and so are the kids. We're all in the "just make it to Friday" mode, and I'll have to reteach the assignments they were supposed to complete today, so the whole of that discussion is really rather boring.

More later.
3 SCHOOL DAYS LEFT!!

Heather at 11:03 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment