Sunday, November 03, 2002

And today, Sunday, queen of all unproductive days in the universe. I DID manage to go grocery shopping. I DID manage to take a load of laundry downstairs, set it in front of the washer (and then discover that there was laundry in both the washer and the dryer), I DID go see Erin's play even though I've felt all day like I've been run over by a very large truck.

The play was wonderful. Made me feel like a total tard that I didn't at least mention to my kids that they would get tremendous amounts of extra-credit if they got their butts out of Hollandale to go see it. But so goes the forgetfullness of a first year teacher.

I'm still debating how honest one should be in a forum like this. I haven't sent the obligatory "so i'm writing this new thing if you're interested in reading it" email. So, technically, I could be saying any damn thing I wanted to be saying without the slightest worry of consequences. But I'm still self-censoring, wondering how long it is going to be before I have to send the hopefully ego boosting email to friends and family to go to the stupid website and read the stupid crap I've been writing recently. Not that things I've written haven't gotten me in trouble before, but since I'm like a "professional" now, maybe times have changed. Or maybe I'm attempting to come up with lame excuses for not having the balls to write everything I'm thinking.

Good thing this cable internet isn't hooked up in MY room or these rants would be annoyingly lengthy. Maybe I should go plan something for tomorrow. Or, more likely, I'll go watch the simpsons with john. Oh the joyous life of a half-assed teacher...

Heather at 5:15 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment